Disney has been busy with announcements and openings this fall and things are only picking up the pace from here. Below is a quick list of things to get excited for followed by a few tips I have.
What’s coming? What’s closed?
- Tron- This coaster-style attraction based on Tron Lightcycle Power Run at Shanghai Disneyland is set to debut in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary in 2021. You have been able to see the track work for months from Tomorrowland Peoplemover. Track work is now complete but the ride is still over a year from its debut.
- Splash Mountain- closed for refurbishment January 6, 2020-February 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World Railroad- closed for refurbishment. Opening date TBA (likely fall 2020)
- Space220– Predicted Opening February 2020. (Exact date TBA) The restaurant will take guests on a dining adventure 220 miles above Epcot! Guests will board an elevator that will simulate real-time rocketing into orbit as they travel to the Centauri Space Station hovering above the Earth. Diners will see daytime and nighttime views of Earth as they’re surrounded by a full panoramic view of space!
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-a-Long– France Pavilion- January 17, 2020
- Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360– Canada Pavilion- January 17, 2020
- Awesome Planet– The Land Pavilion- January 17,2020
- Test-Track– closed for refurbishment Jan 13, 2020-February 26, 2020
- Epcot Forever– current interim show after Illuminations Ended in September 2019 and the new HarmoniUS debuts
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure– France Pavilion- Summer 2020- Based on Disney and Pixar’s hit film, “Ratatouille,” this family-friendly attraction will invite you to shrink down to the scale of a rat for a culinary adventure with Chef Remy. You’ll race across Gusteau’s kitchen floor aboard special trackless ride vehicles, which you can see in the image at the top of this post – just released today – as Disney Imagineers work on bringing this attraction to life.
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Coming soon, probably by 50th anniversary in 2021
- Disney Duck-Tales Adventure– Interactive scavenger hunt around World Showcase to replace Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure
- Rise of the Resistance– Now OPEN! Currently utilizing virtual queue. You will join a boarding group upon scanning in to the park via your My Disney Experience app. This is expected to be in place for the rest of 2019. I will continue to update as this process evolves. Currently no Fast pass offered.
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway– opening March 4, 2020
- Mickey Shorts Theater– opening spring 2020 in the old Sounds Dangerous Building
- Kali River Rapids– Closed for Refurbishment Jan 6, 2020- March 20, 2020